Back to School Classroom Set Up


First thing's first.  It's classroom set up time and for those of you that have been following, I am opening a new school this year.  I definitely needed to start my day with a great latte and breaky.



I had a lot of boxes to unload! My furniture (teacher desk and student tables) isn't here until tomorrow so I spent the day filling and organizing cupboards and sorting my author study books into bins.



Ugh...don't you just cringe when you know you have a million books to sort? 




Me too!  So how did I get from this stack of boxes filled with books...

To this, in about 10 minutes?

It has to do with my new librarian Deb! I told her I had to sort tons of books and she said, " No you don't have to do that! On your very first library day I will teach the students about how a library works and genres and all you have to do is get them to bring the bins of books.  We will all sort them together.  That way, they will have buy in and want to keep them in the correct bins." Brilliant! Now this may be tough on all you, shall we say, "highly organized" teachers such as myself to cope with for the first day of school, but I've decided it's worth it for the buy in. It'll hopefully save me cumulative hours of fixing and reorganizing through the year.

Looking forward to seeing what day 2 will bring!



5 comments

  1. A brand new school? Exciting! Look at those shining floors! I hope the rest of your set up goes as quickly as your book boxes. Have a great school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie!

      I'm so excited to be a part of a new school.

      Shelley

      Delete
  2. Great idea letting the kids help! I'm actually considering waiting to get my room totally done and letting my kids help with the set up. Why not? They are the same kids from last year so they know exactly where everything should be, right? I might even make some of the parents come in and help...haha! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susanna,

      That's a great idea since the kids know the room well. They probably would come in in August to help you!

      Shelley

      Delete
  3. Hi Shelley!
    Your new school looks lovely! There is something so exciting about starting off a brand new year in a brand new building. And, at the same time, daunting. Best of luck with it all.

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Stop by my blog to read all about it and pick up the award. itsabouttimeteachers.blogspot.com

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top