Classroom Challenges: Reaching Every Learner in Your Classroom

I officially survived my first full day of teaching! I don't know how your school district does it but mine does not put kids into classrooms with their regular teacher until the following Monday. This allows for new enrollment and allows teachers to try different combinations to see which ones make better learning sense. It's even more important if you are opening a new school as enrollment is always changing in the first few days. Yesterday we had our flag raising ceremony and we had a group of students for only about 40 minutes. The cutest thing a little girl said to me was, " I died my hair pink for today! I have 4 more colors at home so you can expect my hair color to change 4 more times this year!" Today I had one group of kids and then my partner and I switched up and I taught her group. For the most part, the day went smoothly. I had two sets of twins and two kids with the same first name so learning names and faces will be tricky this week! It got me thinking a lot about individual differences.




This week, I was honored to be asked by +Rachel Lynette to write a guest post for her blog, Minds in Bloom. I wrote about Classroom Challenges: Reaching Every Learner in Your Classroom. You can find the post here:  Classroom Challenges  I am using a lot of what I wrote about to look at these new students this year.


That's it for now.  I'm looking forward to seeing what tomorrow will bring.






Classroom Challenges

4 comments

  1. We keep our "old" kids for the first week as well until we figure out who's back, who's new and where everyone will fit. Enjoy getting to know the kids at your school

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi,

      Yes, it sounds like that is what a lot of schools are doing. It saves you having to move them another time.
      Best wishes for a great school year!

      Shelley

      Delete
  2. Hey Shelley,

    That is an exceptionally awesome post you wrote for Minds in Bloom! I am thrilled to be hosting it. Thank you so much!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel,

      I appreciate your feedback so much.

      :) Shelley

      Delete

Back to Top