5 for Friday {Oct. 17th,2013}

How come all the "short" weeks seem longer?  Perhaps because teaching is not the kind of job you can condense into 4 days.  Monday was the Canadian Thanksgiving so the week was a 4 day week but there was no shortage of random and not so random stuff going on.  Take a peek at my week and then pop by Doodlebugs for a fun look at more 5 for Fridays.







I started my week by going away for the holiday to the Chrysalis Inn in Fairhaven, WA.  What a beautiful place.  The weather was perfect and I felt very relaxed.  I really believe in finding ways to handle the stresses of teaching so I feel very grateful when I am able to get away.



We finished our author studies on Kevin Henkes this week with a little more from my author activities pack.  I love the confidence and innocence in this writing.








Well, it was a long time coming but I finally got my mounted projector.  Of course we can't choose when they will install it so our class had to move into a vacant classroom upstairs while it was being done. Of course, that's just when the "Shake Out" earthquake drill happened.  New exit plan.  But that's how we roll in school. :)

2 comments

  1. I love the pumpkin math! If I could get my hands on a bunch of little ones I would do that!

    Heather
    The Land of I Can

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got the chance to get away for Thanksgiving Shelley:) Looks like an awesome vacation spot. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top