Keep it Simple: 5 for Friday {October 25th}

I'm linking up with Kacey again from Doodlebugs Teaching to tell you about 5 random things about my week.  Take a peek at her blog for more random ramblings...




After reading a blog post from the Organized Classroom blog I decided to simplify my jobs.  Here's what they looked like before:



I have large tables with 6-8 kids at each table. Here's what the jobs  look like now!  WOW! So much easier and my classroom is sparkling.






Our new author of the week was Mo Willems.  We read Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus.  I wanted to do a pigeon art project and I also knew Halloween was coming so I combined the two and viola!  Don't Let the Pigeon Go Trick-or-Treating.



We worked on decorations for our Grand Opening Celebration planned for this Monday.  "Hearts and Hands".  The whole school participated and they are plastered all over the hallways, hand in hand.



I began some prep for the Minister of Education's visit to my classroom for Drop Everything And Read (D.E.A.R.) day.  Thanks to Ashley Pennell for the posters.


It was the really busy conference week.  On Wednesday I did student-led conferences in a super easy way.  You can read about it here.
Have a great weekend everyone.   

3 comments

  1. Those pumpkins are cute! And I love the post about student led conferences! Thanks for sharing!

    Kristin
    First Grade Teacher Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE everything about this post! What awesome work happened in your classroom this week! :)

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top