5 For Friday

It's that day again...FRIDAY! I'm linking up with Kacey over at Doodlebugs Teaching for her weekly 5 for Friday. Here's what I've been up to...



I began to read through the "application letters" the students wrote at home.  I am going to train 2 of my 2nd graders to be my tech monitors. After about a month, they will train the next two.





I used someone's time saver idea (who was it I can't remember??) and I started to write my morning message on chart paper to last a whole week... yippee!  Day 1 we used red to correct spelling and punctuation, day two we used purple to circles short vowel sounding words and day 3 we used blue to find long vowel words (not shown) and today we highlighted the bossy E words.





We did our first quick winter art project.  Crayon resists.





The VIP did not bring sharing one day so I shared my new toy. I bought a document camera!  Whohooo!

And my favourite day of all .... I visited my dear bloggy friend Susanna Westby from Whimsy Workshop Teaching for a whole day!  This is me teaching her class.  






Susanna wasn't feeling well that day but still welcomed me with open arms.  Thanks so much Susanna!

4 comments

  1. I loved having you visit! So glad it was a nice day for us to wander outside too. Fun!
    : )
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fabulous day both inside and out! Thanks so much Susanna!
      :) Shelley

      Delete
  2. How lucky you were to visit Susanna? She was equally lucky to have you! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I hope she can come visit me too!
      :) Shelle

      Delete

Back to Top