5 For Friday {Jan. 10th}




It's the first week back to school since Christmas holidays and my kiddos were right back at it.  What a great week!  It's been busy but they have easily adjusted to the routines and expectations.  Phew!  I think many of them couldn't wait to do our Brain Breaks.  It's so peaceful and they are getting so good at it!

I am linking up with Kacey over at Doodlebugs teaching for another 5 For Friday.  Go on over and check out other people's random happenings from the week.




It was our first week back after holidays.  The students were so good!  We worked hard all week.   Here are our New Year's Resolutions that we made into bookmarks.  I laminated them and students will use them each day during reading and to remind them of their goals. These bookmarks came free from Matt Sutton over at Digital Divide and Conquer.













We started looking at mapping skills. The kids loved the big map.

We read my map book and then created our own "fun maps".  This one reminded me of my mindful student and teacher poster (which I haven't even put up yet) or the "parts of a student".  So cute.






I went grad dress shopping with my oldest daughter.  I can't believe she's graduating!!!




We started wondering this week as a first step to starting our passion projects.  For a blog post on this click here.




We created some 3-d winter scenes.  The winter backgrounds were painted.  The  figures were cut out  and colored with crayon.  




Later, we made accordion paper and glued it to make the image "pop' out.

I hope everyone had a good week!

6 comments

  1. Your passion project sounds great. I will have to keep a watch on what is happening with it.

    Charlene/Diamond Mom
    Diamond Mom's Treasury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlene! I am hoping to expand some of the ideas and processes I used a couple of years ago. Stay tuned!
      :) Shelley

      Delete
  2. I love the mapping activity and the 3D pictures! My kids love drawing waves and I am sure they would love putting themselves on in 3D :)

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3-d waves - GREAT Idea! I just love how we can piggy back off each other's ideas and make it work in our own classrooms!

      :) Shelley

      Delete
  3. Those resolutions turned out great! I'm actually a little jealous because the black and white with kids coloring them looks fantastic. Now I'm wishing I would have done the same thing.

    The mapping book/mapping of other people/places/things is great. Kind of like "live" text features. Awesome!

    Matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Matt! I love those bookmarks because the kids look at their goals everyday!
    :) Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top