Full Moon Fever! {Five for Friday - Feb. 14}



It was a busy, busy Olympic and Valentine week but not too busy to share the fun we had in our school and class this week.  What better way to do this than to link up with Kacey at Doodlebugs Teaching.


It's FULL MOON WEEK!








Our school is participating in the Olympics - what fun!!
I just love the dedication that our teachers have.  Here they are demonstrating the events for the students.





My colleague +Lynn Gard  was using my Olympic pack and used the vocabulary in a very creative way.  Students were allowed to use the words to write a story on a poster. She said they loved the activity and especially loved using felt markers to do it!


I was so excited this week too!  My Classroom Trading Cards was finally done and posted!  What fun!  My students can't wait to use them!






I went shopping with my daughters this week.  I was behind them as we walked up the mall stairs.  I was struck by how the time has flown. One is graduating!  They each got roses from their boyfriends for Valentine's Day. It's a weird feeling.



My sweet little pup was creeping while I worked on some school stuff.  I snapped a shot.  Don't you just love your fur babies? #Havanese




We celebrated Valentine's Day cupcake style.  It's a long story but my cupcakes made it eventually for my colleague (left)  but my poor sweet little student's ones went for a ride (right).
We also had our teddy bear picnic with our big buddies.  Teddy Bears are the BEST aren't they?  I have a little lesson set on teddy bears that I use each year that you might like. You can find it here.






I hope everyone had an AWESOME Valentine's Day - personally and professionally!

4 comments

  1. I walk behind my kids like that sometimes and wonder how they got to be suddenly towering above me!
    xo
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are 8 and 3 1/2 and I know that time will fly by so fast (it already has) and one day I will be walking behind MINE like that and thinking the same thing as you! Holding on to them being little as long as I can!!! The cupcakes made me smile. Looks like something I would do. And the teddy bear picnic looks like a lot of fun too. I've never done that but one of my students wrote me a letter this week that said "Dear Mrs. Monahan, I love you because you let us have fun parties. Love, Joshua" so maybe that's another party I can add to that list to make him love me more! LOL
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Monahan Monkey Madness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie,
      Your children look so sweet! Yes, embrace childhood. My girls are my pride and joy. Your students would love the teddy bear picnic! :) Thanks for visiting!
      :) Shelley

      Delete

Back to Top