Expanding Our World: 5 For Friday {April 4}

Hi Everyone!

I'm linking up with Kacey again for a fun-filled random selection of things from my week.  Thanks for joining me and be sure to click on the link below for more posts today!






 We worked on putting our research together for our multicultural day.  I was SOOOO proud of how these kiddos worked! It's so important that children learn about and are tolerant of all the different cultures that make up our world, our country and our communities.  Because 2nd grade students learn about communities, I thought it was a perfect way to incorporate all of the mindful learning and Superflex social learning we have done this year.  What connections we made!!

I am almost finished putting together this little pack in case you would like to do mini research about countries too!





Look for it later this weekend at TheWriteStuff or you can win a copy by entering this weekend at my Facebook page.





I sent home the student passion projects folders last week for parents to look at and give their thoughts about. It was funny to read the progression of ideas in all of the papers and brainstorming we had done.  These kids were all over the place with their ideas.  I asked parents to return the folders for today so that we can begin working on our Passions!  Here is what one child brought back.  I loved the thought that went into this and how much this mom knows her child.  I can't wait to see what things the students will come up with. 





Our reading groups were running smoothly this week.  One large group is doing an independent novel student with a novel they have chosen.  Another group is needing a boost and is reading together to increase fluency. And finally, the last small group and ELL learner were working on phonics and spelling on the Ipads.


It's almost Easter time!  We created some Easter Egg rip art for our bulletin board display.  
We started with pieces of pink/purplish/yellow papers.


We used a tracer to trace the egg onto green paper.

We ripped and glued pieces onto the egg. (Think Pointillism)








Thanks to Greg from +The Kindergarten Smorgasboard I discovered GoNoodle for brain breaks in the classroom.  Wow!  What fun! My class loved it.



Well, that's it for my week.  Have a great weekend everyone!


2 comments

  1. Shelley,
    I found your cute blog through the linky. I love your colors- especially that unique background!!! We LOVE GoNoodle- it's the best. Brain breaks are a big deal in our room!!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! Go Noodle is such a hoot! Thanks for visiting!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top