Canada Day

Hello to all my readers from all over. Today I'd like to celebrate a little ole country called Canada! Yes, that's my country. I was born and raised near Vancouver, BC. which is on the West Coast of Canada and is part of the Province of British Columbia. How great is Canada? Well, it's just a wonderful place to live and I am going to tell you about my little piece of Canada.  In Vancouver, we love the great outdoors and there are many places you can go to enjoy nature. We have lots of ski mountains and walking and biking trails.  Here is a shot of Vancouver I took while I was on the water.


The climate on the West Coast of Canada is pretty mild with only usually 1 or 2 snow days a year. Sometimes we get hit with more but usually not. But that's not to say we don't have snow on our mountains! Whistler is a world renowned mountain for skiing and snowboarding.


Vancouver has a rich First Nations culture. Here are the totem poles that stand in Stanley Park, recently voted as the best park in the world! Click here for the article. 



A nice perk of living in Vancouver is that we have the 4 seasons.  Here is a a glimpse of Fall in BC.


The capital city of British Columbia is Victoria, BC.  Here is a picture of the harbour of Victoria.  



What are Canadians known for?  Well, we are a very friendly folk.  We are also very polite.  :) We also have other "Canadianisms".  Here is an Inukshuk which was the symbol of the 2010 Olympics held in Vancouver. Learn more about it here.


We also love our maple syrup and Canadian bacon.  Our national sport is lacrosse but most of us like hockey the best!  We also love our animals - bears, deer and raccoons are just to name a few of the animals you can find in Canada.

Have you ever heard of poutine?  Poutine is a food dish which is made up of french fries, gravy and cheese curds.  It's yummy!

I have created a Canadian resource that celebrates all these things that make up the great country of Canada.  You can grab a FREEBIE page from this resource HERE.

For a look at the whole set, click on the image below to view it in my shop.





A few of my blogging friends are also participating in this blog hop. Here is a linky of other fellow Canadians with some great stuff to share! Here are some other places you can find me:





9 comments

  1. I'm a Canadian too :) Happy Canada Day on Tuesday!!!!
    Laureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for Participating and Actually being Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your blog looks terrific! :)
    Thanks for sharing this fabulous Canadian freebie!
    Best wishes,
    Jessicca
    The Third Grade Zoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gorgeous post!
    We're neighbours! I live in Victoria but I'm often in Vancouver hanging out with my son, his wife and our baby grandson:)
    I'm following you now through Feedly.
    Thanks so much for the freebie!
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting neighbour! I love Victoria!

      :) Shelley

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing this cuteness! I've always thought about visiting B.C. and now it's a must! Very scenic!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top