TPT Conference 2014

Hello friends,

I wasn't going to write about my week in Vegas as I just had before I left but how could I not?  It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!

What a whirlwind week I just experienced! I attended the SDE I teach K conference to learn some intervention strategies for my second graders from +Deanna Jump  and +Kathy Griffin .  What great resources these two ladies are - and the energy they have, WOW!

I also attended the TPT conference on Friday.  It was so inspirational and it gave me the opportunity to meet so many wonderful sellers and bloggers.

So what did I learn while I was there?  In a nutshell, I learned:



It was such a busy week with the conference and meeting up with so many wonderful people.  Here are a few shots of the MANY bloggers that I had the pleasure of meeting. L to R :  +Jen Bengel (Out of this World Literacy) Me +Emma Farrell (Clever Classroom) +Heather LeBlanc  (2 Brainy Apples) BELOW- +Greg Smedley  (Kindergarten Smorgasboard) +Deanna Jump (Mrs. Jump's Class).



This picture was taken at the Blogger Meetup on Wednesday Night.  Talk about overwhelming but awesome at the same time!!!  L to R +Jessica Tobin  (1st Grade Nest) +Karen Jones (Mrs. Jones Kindergarten) +Corinna Gandara (Surfin Through Second) Me +Anna DiGilio (Simply Skilled in Second) +Karen Kennedy (Kennedy's Korner) Michelle Thom (Well Michelle?) Below:  +Corinna Gandara (Surfin Through Second) and +Jennifer Jones (Hello Fonts)




At the TPT conference I enjoyed sessions with the amazing +Rachel L (I couldn't get a picture because it was standing room only and I was at the back but her session was incredible.) Below is a picture of one session that was a blogger panel.  It was great! How could it not be with +Greg Smedley +Elizabeth Hall +Cara Carroll  +Deedee Wills  and +Erica Bohrer ?

I was so happy to also meet up with +Cara Carroll+Erica Bohrer  and the one and only +Rachelle Smith



Throughout this all, I attended sessions and dinners and roomed with my friend from +Addie Williams  .  Below are pictures of my other Canadian friends +Susanna Westby (Whimsy Workshop Teaching) and +Erin Palleschi (Once Upon a Classroom).

+Jennifer Gibbons (Lucky Frog) and +Emily Hutchison  were such sweeties!



Some of the highlights for me (besides meeting my bloggy friends) was meeting the Founder of TPT - +Paul Edelman.  He is such an awesome guy and his message to us was so inspirational and empowering.  Teachers are the core of our society.  We do such an important job.  I felt so happy hearing his message and knowing that teaching, sharing and collaborating is what I was meant to do with my life.



Another highlight for me was helping +Rachel Lynette to present the TPT team with a canvas print of our TPT family. It was amazing to be on stage with these people and to look out into the crowd of 700+ people that were here for the very same reason as me. Here is TPT CEO +John Yoo


And last, but not least, it was such a pleasure to meet and have breakfast with +Laura Candler who is such a generous person.  It was heart warming to meet the person behind the blog (Corkboard Connections) and who puts countless hours into helping other teachers through resources and Donor's Choice.




What an amazing week!  I am sure you are reading about other blogger's weeks and get a sense of what it was like to be part of this incredible event.  I am already looking forward to next year!


I have linked up with A Burst of First. Go on over and check out everyone else's posts.





17 comments

  1. I love all your pictures. I have to agree that the founder of TpT's message was perfect. Being a teacher is such important work, but it can sometimes be overlooked. Thanks for sharing.
    2 Smart Wenches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure Martha! Thanks for visiting my blog.
      :) Shelley

      Delete
  2. Shelley,
    It was great to meet you at lunch during the TpT conference in Vegas! Wasn't it a fabulous conference?! I agree about all of your take-away points. I cannot wait for next year already. I look forward to staying in touch via the blogging world!
    - Heather
    Mrs. Renz' Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! It was so good to meet you and thank you for finding me!
      I can't WAIT for next year too!
      :) Shelley

      Delete
  3. I wish I could have been there! Thanks for sharing your experience here and on Instagram!
    Maybe we'll meet next year in Vegas :)
    - Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy! Thank you for visiting my blog and IG page. You are so sweet to comment! Start saving now because it was an experience of a lifetime and I want you to be part of it! July 6-10th 2015 is the date (Same dates as the SDE conference).
      Cheers,
      Shelley

      Delete
  4. Wasn't it an amazing trip? I'm glad I got to meet you!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I got to meet you too! You are just as sweet in person!

      :) Shelley

      Delete
  5. So wonderful to finally meet you Shelley!!! It was such a whirlwind of fun and fabulousness!! I definitely needed a few more days! Next year :)

    Aloha,
    Corinna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was a whirlwind Corinna! Next year we definitely need to hang out more! BTW, I love that lip stuff you gave me - amazing.

      :) Shelley

      Delete
  6. Great post Shelley...LOVED meeting you :)

    Big hugs
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't get to meet you at the conference....next year! Wasn't it so so so so much fun!!!! I just love seeing everyone's pictures too!!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet next year there will be twice as many people to meet. Yikes! I hope it's over 2 days next time Christy!

      Delete
  8. It was absolutely amazing! I am also counting the days down until next year! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the first slide you posted of what you learned. Those were by far what I walked away with learning, too!! :) I LOVED hearing over and over - be yourself and be proud of who YOU are and what YOU do! LOVE. Thanks for sharing your post with us!

    Ashley
    Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top