Thank you TPT for the Gift of Friendship


Over the past couple of weeks, I have been teaching my students about gifts that you can't buy with money.  Kids are really open to learn about these social concepts if you provide the opportunity.  As the chaos of the last few days before Christmas break occurred, I started thinking about how my life has changed in the last couple of years and I wanted to reach out and thank Teachers Pay Teachers and all those people who are a part of it for giving me the gift of friendship.


When I first started becoming a seller on TPT I felt like a small fish in a big sea.  But that was okay with me because I was going to be able to share my resources with teachers around the globe.  I've always loved doing that and when I found TPT it was the perfect forum for me to do that. Teachers Pay Teachers is a great outlet for your creative side and it is so easy to use.

Of course, learning how to get your resources ready was a whole other story. I cannot believe how much I have learned already and how much left there is to learn!  As I navigated through the forums and started reading blogs, I began to develop friendships with other bloggers and sellers. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it feels to know that these people "get it"!  I even met some wonderful people close to where I live and  we had our first BC Blogger meetup last August.  It was so much fun and we had another one this past October.  I was hooked!  Getting together with like minds is such a great thing to do when you are a teacher.

Teaching is a hard job.  If you are reading this, you are probably in the field of education and you are nodding your head saying, "Oh ya".  It is mentally and physically demanding.  I've always been a big believer in #teacherwellness but I just didn't realize the impact of having the support of so many other teachers and bloggers and that all started because of TPT.

It was such a great pleasure to meet all of these amazing people when TPT held their very first convention.  Oh. My. Goodness.  What an amazing group of people!  The connections that were made, just made teaching and continuing to grow in this profession that much easier.



I was on Facebook last night and discussing some travel plans I was making  and I asked a few opinions from some of my bloggy friends in an open forum.  The response I got warmed my heart.  Right away there were suggestions for places to visit and things to do. There were offers of meals, get togethers and others things.  We even discussed how our spouses could join us and hang out.

I feel blessed to be part of this big TPT family and I wanted to reach out and thank Paul Edelman for his insight and forethought to create such a welcoming place for educators to do what they do best - collaborate, share and connect.  I want to thank Amy Borell Berner for being our rock and helping us in so many ways.  The team has grown and I want to thank the whole TPT team for all you do for us day after day.  You are all such great listeners and you work to improve the experience at TPT for both buyers and sellers.

My life is blessed because I have made such good friends by just being a small part of the big experience of TPT.  Thank you and Merry Christmas to you all!



10 comments

  1. Love it and completely agree, Shelley!!
    Susanna
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun meeting you this summer and I do hope we get the chance to meet up over Spring Break!

    Terri
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your sentiments! You've got me all choked up, thinking about the friendships I've made through TpT! Friends were one of the unexpected benefits of making products! I look forward to meeting up with you again this summer!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look so forward to seeing you too Sally!
      xoxo
      Shelley

      Delete
  4. Amen! TPT is a huge blessing and everyone I've met on this journey are truly wonderful people! I hope you have a fabulous 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Deanna! I wish you a fantastic 2015 too!

      xoxo
      Shelley

      Delete
  5. Awesome post and straight from your heart to all of ours. We Get It!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Deb! Love all my blogging friends. You all are so kind.

      :) Shelley
      xoxo

      Delete

Back to Top